Application Guide + FAQ
Where to Place Your InnoVent Pins
The Easy Installation and Maintenance of Your New InnoVent Pins
Congratulations on your purchase of Next Chapter Manufacturing’s revolutionary pins made with InnoVent Technology. Your purchase will enable you to improve the operational efficiency of your injection molding, and significantly curb costs related to gas trap-related scrap. Furthermore, you’ll only need to replace a handful of standard ejector pins with our InnoVent Pins for even complicated molds (about two to three of our pins are needed for a mold that would ordinarily require 100 traditional vented ejector pins).
In short, you can look forward to eliminating hundreds of thousands of dollars of your annual expenses for less than $1,000 of our off-the-shelf InnoVent Pins. Here’s how to get started enjoying your ROI.
InnoVent Pin Installation Process
The InnoVent Pin installation process is quick and easy, typically requiring less than an hour. Keep in mind that you can adjust the length and contour of the pins to suit your custom molds. Follow these easy steps to transform your production line:
- The tip of the pin features an EDM finish. This intentional characteristic allows for maximum venting, so it’s important to avoid cutting the tip of the pin. Instead, you can adjust for length by cutting at the threaded end.
- Complete the custom sizing process by grinding the threaded end.
- Thread the D head onto the rod. Ensure that the pin and D head are aligned and flush.
- Use a 0.050 Allen key to tighten the 4-40″ set screws.
- Place the pin into the mold and complete the mold assembly, being sure to provide for clearance for the injection port.
Although it is optional, you may sometimes choose to grind the EDM tip of the InnoVent Pin. (Please do not cut the EDM tip.) We strongly recommend that you maintain the open pores in the EDM tip to allow for maximum venting. If need be, however, you may grind the tip using light pressure only.
InnoVent Pin Maintenance Procedures
Mold maintenance is a common pain point for injection molders, and the more complex a mold is, the more maintenance it typically requires. In fact, some molds may require maintenance as often as every five to seven days, resulting in production stoppages that reduce revenue. Since our InnoVent Pins offer up to 15 times the amount of venting as traditional vent solutions, very little maintenance is required. However, we do recommend some routine maintenance to keep your InnoVent Pins working at optimum levels throughout the life of each mold. Follow these simple steps:
- Each time you remove a mold from the production line for its Preventive Maintenance (PM) cycle, you should perform ultrasonic cleaning on the InnoVent Pins. Ultrasonic cleaning machines offer an automated, hands-off clean for your convenience. Follow the directions for your particular brand and model of ultrasonic cleaning machine.
- When molds are not actively being used on the production line, apply a dry rust prevention product to keep the molds and InnoVent Pins in good working condition.
Caution: Please do not use any other sprays or products, including mold releases. These products may result in premature clogging of the vent.
We’re confident you will enjoy improving operational efficiency and your company’s bottom line with the use of our pins made with InnoVent Technology. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to our friendly team at (616) 383-9900 or email email@example.com.
Ready to eliminate gas traps in your next mold?
Multiple diameter and head thicknesses available for our
off-the-shelf InnoVent Pins that will fit most molds, ready to ship today!
No, a simple mold will only need one InnoVent Pin. A more complex mold with 100 pins typically requires only 2-3 InnoVentPins.
This is an off-the-shelf part. You can place your order today and have it tomorrow!
By eliminating scrap due to defects, reducing labor requirements, and mitigating material waste, Next Chapter’s InnoVent Pins provide considerable ROI.
Air pressure is largely responsible for damaging the mold over time. Our carefully engineered InnoVent Pins reduce wear and tear on the mold, which means your molds last longer and require less maintenance.
No, InnoVent Pins are capable of 10 to 15 times the amount of venting as traditional venting solutions, which means they won’t clog. It’s a low-maintenance solution!